In the Assamese tradition of Bhori Dhuwa, the groom is accorded a warm welcome by the bride's family. The bride's mother, in an auspicious silk saree performs a traditional aarti thali ceremony. Meanwhile, the bride's sister humbly washes the groom's feet, emphasizing respect and hospitality.
As a unique custom, the groom is then lifted by the bride's brother to prevent his feet from touching the ground, showcasing a gesture of honor and care. Before proceeding to the wedding hall, the bride graciously receives Panch-Amrit, a concoction of ghee, curd, honey, sugar, and raw milk, symbolizing sweetness and prosperity. Our "Bhori" silk saree embodies the rich cultural tapestry of Assamese traditions, narrating stories of respect, warmth, and cherished customs.
A gorgeous red and orange chequered Korvai kanjeevaram double warp pure silk saree with a dark green border with gold zari. The pallu of the saree is green with rich gold zari. The saree has a plain dark green contrast blouse. ( Double Warp )
- Details: Length 6.2 mts, width - 46 inches
- Fabric: Pure silk ( Comes with a Ceritifed Silk Mark )
- Blouse Piece: Yes (dark green contrast blouse piece)
- Shipping: We ship domestic orders within 3-5 business days from the date of order & International orders within 5-8 business days from the date of order
- Wash Care :
- Dry Clean only
- Medium Iron
- Disclaimer: Color may vary slightly from the image due to the screen brightness